Spokane Summer 2022
- Jun 25, 2022
- Spokane, Washington, United States
Spokane First Church of the Nazarene
- 9004 N COUNTRY HOMES BLVD SPOKANE, WA 99218
Gymnasium (Family Life Center)
- Organization team
- Chris Tabar
- WCA Delegates
- Caleb Hoover and Chris Tabar
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is recognized as an official World Cube Association competition. Therefore, all competitors must be familiar with the WCA regulations. Please refer to the Competitor Responsibilities tab.
For more information about cubing in the Pacific Northwest, check out the PNW website!
Please be aware of Covid-19 precautions and read this tab before registering.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 80 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Your registration will not be confirmed (moved from the waiting list) until payment has been completed. Please note that even after payment, registrations need to be manually approved before appearing on the registration list.
Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Max Siauw||5.63||7.45||United States||8.05||7.89||7.47||7.00||5.63|
|2x2x2 Cube||Max Siauw||1.05||1.96||United States||1.52||1.05||2.75||2.02||2.35|
|4x4x4 Cube||Max Siauw||28.90||30.56||United States||29.35||33.17||28.90||33.62||29.16|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Max Siauw||38.64||DNF||United States||57.81||38.64||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Max Siauw||10.12||12.65||United States||12.82||10.12||12.96||14.53||12.17|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:15.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||20:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:10.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Gymnasium (Family Life Center).
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Los_Angeles.
Schedule for Saturday (June 25, 2022)
The state of Washington, and the city of Spokane specifically, have lifted mask mandates and requirements. However:
- Competitors should not attend the competition if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if they were exposed to someone with COVID-19. If this occurs to you, the organizers will offer the competitor a full refund.
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. you should not attend this competition.
- If you have had a positive COVID-19 test or prolonged exposure to someone with the virus within 14 days prior to the competition, you should not attend.
- Attendees should attempt to socially distance from others whenever possible.
- The organizing team strongly recommends to recieve a COVID-19 vaccination before competing. This is not a requirement, but is encouraged. For information on, and finding vaccines near you, please use this website!
For general competing and staffing, these are the changes that will impact the running of the competition.
- When not competing, competitors and spectators should attempt to socially distance whenever possible.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfection wipes will be widely avaliable for use at the competitor's pleasure. Organizers will encourage throughout the day to utilize these items.
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND WILL FOLLOW ALL THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE.
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING.
FOR FIRST-TIME COMPETITORS:
There are multiple things a first-timer must know before competing. All newcomers must be familiar with the WCA Regulations before competing. There is a video HERE for the basic overview of the rules.
In addition, please read this document before coming to the competition to learn about the procedures for judging and competing:
When you arrive, you will receive a card/nametag with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event. In addition, you will also receive staffing assignments. All competitors are expected to help at this competition. For each event you sign up for, you will be assigned to help out for just one group of that event. If you do not arrive to help during your scheduled event, and there are not enough staff members, we reserve the right to disqualify you from competing.
We will provide a judging tutorial right before the start of the 6x6 event. This will allow anyone with questions about how to judge to be properly prepared when they are expected to help. We hope that this system will fairly divide up the judging of the competition and make the competition run smoothly for all.
This is a condensed summary of the new regulations enacted in the past year.
1) The competitor must have no physical contact with the puzzle cover while starting the attempt on Blindfolded events.
2) Require the competitor to finish signing (not just for the judge to finish signing) before the competitor may reset the timer.
3) This competition will be using gen 5 timers.
4) Puzzles are allowed to have transparent parts as long as they do not provide additional information.
5) Competitors are strongly recommended to turn off notifications and calls.
If the competitior limit has been reached, any registrations made after that fulfill the registration requirements will be added to the waitlist linked below:
If you have paid the registration fee, your name should be added to the list above. As competitors drop their registrations, we will accept people from the waitlist on a first-come first-serve basis.
This waiting list is not automatic, so it will be updated manually. If you just registered, paid your fee, and don't see your name on the waitlist yet, please do not contact us immediately. This will be updated every few days manually.
NOTE Spokane's Hoopfest basketball tournament will be occurring downtown on the same day as the competition. Please allocate extra time for travel to the venue if you will be passing near downtown.
There are a number of hotels within 10 minutes driving distance. These include, but aren't limited to:
Quality Inn Oakwood (https://www.guestreservations.com/quality-inn-oakwood-spokane/booking)
Apple Tree Inn (https://www.guestreservations.com/apple-tree-inn/booking)
Best Western Plus Spokane North (https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotels-in-spokane/best-western-plus-spokane-north/propertyCode.48192.html)
There are also numerous hotels in downtown Spokane (approximately 15-18 minute drive from our venue).
From I-90 in either direction, take the Maple Street exit and head north approx. 5.5 miles. Continue on Maple Street as it crosses Francis Ave and becomes Country Homes Blvd. Continue another 1 mile and turn right into the parking lot for Spokane First Church of the Nazarene (it'll be on your right).
VENUE & PARKING
Park in the large lot on the southwest corner of the church. The main entrance is also on the west/southwest corner.
This competition will be sponsored by TheCubicle!
They will be providing gift-card prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in every event.
If you haven't checked out their store already, we highly recommend you do! They will not be selling puzzles onsite.
To be redirected to their site, either click HERE or the logo below!
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.