CubingUSA Southeast Championship 2019
- Apr 27 - 28, 2019
- Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
- 501 S College St, Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
Room 217 on Level 3
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, and Katie Hull
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, Jared Stinson, Joshua Feran, Katie Hull, and Nancy Hartman
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA as the Southeast Regional Championship of 2019.
Anyone from any location is allowed to compete. However only the competitors from the following states are eligible for the title of Southeast Champion: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, and United States Virgin Islands.
All competitors must read the "Competitor Information" tab prior to registering.
Please read all tabs prior to the competition and regularly check your email for updates from us. All contact will be made by email.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 200 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $65 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
- To register for this competition, you must pay in full in advance through Stripe. Your registration is not complete until you pay.
- To cancel your registration, please email the organizers with your name telling them you want to cancel your registration. If you are having trouble paying on the website or any other registration problems, please use the contact button to talk to us.
- After the competition reaches 200 competitors, a waitlist will be created. You must pay to be placed on the waitlist. If you are at the top of the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, you will receive an email from the organizers. You must confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot.
- After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will recieve a refund for the registration cost minus tax.
- If the competition reaches its competitor limit and when registration closes, no additional registrations will be accepted. No exceptions.
-If you are interested in being on staff for this competition please visit the staff tab prior to registering.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Tommy Cherry||6.50||8.45||United States||8.84||6.50||8.48||10.91||8.02|
|2x2x2 Cube||Michael Nielsen||1.63||2.03||United States||2.47||1.78||1.63||1.85||2.98|
|4x4x4 Cube||Katie Hull||25.23||28.27||United States||27.90||31.68||34.58||25.23||25.24|
|5x5x5 Cube||Jared Stinson||54.11||1:02.52||United States||1:03.46||54.11||1:03.98||1:00.11||1:07.18|
|6x6x6 Cube||Jared Stinson||1:50.60||1:53.70||United States||1:54.52||1:50.60||1:55.99|
|7x7x7 Cube||Sean Hartman||2:34.96||2:44.76||United States||2:34.96||2:58.30||2:41.02|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Tommy Cherry||22.68||DNF||United States||23.22||DNF||22.68|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Jacob Ambrose||26||28.00||United States||28||30||26|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Kieran Dizon||10.91||12.84||United States||16.61||13.07||12.57||10.91||12.87|
|Clock||Kerry Creech||4.73||5.75||United States||5.71||5.97||4.73||5.58||7.46|
|Megaminx||Jared Stinson||40.16||44.96||United States||44.63||40.16||41.84||48.78||48.40|
|Pyraminx||Michael Nielsen||3.03||3.27||United States||3.27||3.27||3.27||3.03||3.33|
|Skewb||Aedan Bryant||2.73||4.59||United States||4.21||5.91||2.73||3.64||7.32|
|Square-1||Tommy Cherry||7.63||9.91||United States||11.59||10.10||13.55||7.63||8.03|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Joshua Feran||6:45.44||DNF||United States||DNF||DNF||6:45.44|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Tommy Cherry||5:41.42||DNF||United States||DNF||DNF||5:41.42|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Tommy Cherry||28/30 59:26||United States||28/30 59:26|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Tommy Cherry||24.12||28.69||United States||27.28||24.12||31.31||27.47||32.37|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 50% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:30.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||5:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:15:00.00 total for 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:15:00.00 total for 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo1||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
|3x3x3 With Feet||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Charlotte Convention Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Schedule for Saturday (April 27, 2019)
Schedule for Sunday (April 28, 2019)
|3x3x3 Cube||8.45||Tommy Cherry||Florida|
|2x2x2 Cube||2.13||Zachary Ochs||North Carolina|
|4x4x4 Cube||28.27||Katie Hull||Georgia|
|5x5x5 Cube||1:02.52||Jared Stinson||Georgia|
|6x6x6 Cube||1:53.70||Jared Stinson||Georgia|
|7x7x7 Cube||2:44.76||Sean Hartman||Florida|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||22.68||Tommy Cherry||Florida|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||28.00||Jacob Ambrose||Georgia|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||12.84||Kieran Dizon||Georgia|
|3x3x3 With Feet||28.69||Tommy Cherry||Florida|
|Clock||5.75||Kerry Creech||North Carolina|
|Pyraminx||3.77||Kerry Creech||North Carolina|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||7:54.72||Raymond Goslow||Georgia|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||5:41.42||Tommy Cherry||Florida|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||28/30 59:26||Tommy Cherry||Florida|
|3x3x3 Cube||8.64||Nicolás Sanchez||Georgia|
|2x2x2 Cube||1.79||Tommy Cherry||Florida|
|4x4x4 Cube||28.37||Yi-Fan Wu (吳亦凡)||Florida|
|5x5x5 Cube||56.34||Yi-Fan Wu (吳亦凡)||Florida|
|6x6x6 Cube||2:01.38||Jared Stinson||Georgia|
|7x7x7 Cube||2:58.03||Yi-Fan Wu (吳亦凡)||Florida|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||29.96||Tommy Cherry||Florida|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||31.67||Jacob Ambrose||Georgia|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||12.42||Kieran Dizon||Georgia|
|3x3x3 With Feet||29.49||Kevin Min||Alabama|
|Clock||7.28||Carson Claud||North Carolina|
|Pyraminx||3.35||Zachary Ochs||North Carolina|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||4:31.26||Tommy Cherry||Florida|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||12:54.00||Tommy Cherry||Florida|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||13/15 57:36||Raymond Goslow||Georgia|
Location: Charlotte Convention Center
Room Details: The competition will be held in Room 217 on Level 3 of the Charlotte Convention Center
Getting to the Venue The Charlotte Convention Center has provided these driving instructions. There are green attraction signs on many of the surrounding highways, they indicate where the convention center is.
Parking: Parking around Uptown Charlotte will not be free, expect to have to pay (this can be up to $25 per day). The Convention Center has provided this map of their suggested parking locations. Our suggestion is to park in the NASCAR Hall of Fame Garage (Number 1 on the map). This garage exists right next to our room in the convention center. I made a video to help you get from this garage to our room:
Public Transit: We also suggest using Charlotte public transportation. The LYNX Blue Line is a light rail system. Fare is inexpensive ($4.40 round-trip for an adult, $2.20 for a child) and most stops outside of the city have free parking using the city's "Park & Ride" system. The light rail stops directly at the Convention Center on 3rd Street.
The CityLYNX Gold Line street car/trolley is free. The Davidson Street stop is just two blocks from the Convention Center. You may be able to find parking at the Elizabeth or Hawthorne stations.
Lunch: Lunch will not be served. Competitors are expected get their own lunch. Here are some restaurants nearby around the venue. Beware that Charlotte is a banking city meaning that not all restaurants are open on the weekends. Make sure to lookup the restaurant before you go. The Charotte EPICENTRE is a suggested place to eat about two blocks from the venue.
Hotels: There are plenty of hotels within walking distance of the venue. You can view them here. Again, with it being Uptown it may be worth looking at hotels along the LYNX Blue Line as they are often less expensive.
Private residences through sites such as AirBNB are worth looking at.
Airport: The closest airport is Charlotte-Douglas International (CLT). It is 8 miles from the venue and about a 15 minute drive. The only public transportation from the airport is the CATS busses. Many hotels have private shuttles. Uber and Lift are also a transportation option.
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of any age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
This video will help explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know. It is highly suggested that parents watch this video as well.
If you have any questions after this video, we will be having a new competitor tutorial in the morning of the competition. That would be the perfect time to ask those questions and clear up any confusion.
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the registration tab, click register, and fill out the information it asks for. This will help you get set up the WCA's system and one step closer to your first official solve!
* Please bring some for of identification. This will be used to verify your name, birthday, and nationality. (something like a passport or school ID).
* Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
* In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps. Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
* Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call. Please come bring your solved puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area whenever your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call. You can click on a tab at the bottom to see groups on a specific day.
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube!
Q: What is the competition like?
A: Competitions are a bunch of tables where nerds like us get to sit and discuss our favorite thing, Cubes! Of course in addition there is competing, which will occupy one side of the competition hall, where you will see lots of timers flickering with contestants new personal bests. Most competitions have a break for lunch, and the competing is split up into groups, as to better organize who competes when. (Check the Groups tab and listen at the competition for more info on this.)
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page a couple of days after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to Cubecomps.com to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about 2nd and 3rd rounds of events.
Q: Why am I not on the competitors list yet?
A: Allow up to 48 hours for your name to appear on the competitors list. Make sure you pay you entrance fee in order to be automatically placed on the registered list, which will also guarantee you a spot in the competition. You must also pay to be put on the waitlist. If payment may be any issue, or you are not sure if you can attend, use the contact button to talk to us.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All cometitors compete in the same group.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
- Shortly following the new competitor introduction at 9:00 am on Sunday, we will also hold a judging tutorial at this time. All competitors should attend this tutorial. If you are a parent and would like to be entertained for the duration of the day, judging would be a great option for you!
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- Information about next rounds will be available on CubeComps. Please visit this website to see if you made it to the next round.
- You are expected to help judge. You must judge for at least one group of every event you compete in.
- We will use regulation 9p3) for all final rounds. If you are not present when a final starts, you will be withdrawn from that final. We will enforce this policy more heavily than we have in the past. We repeat, if your puzzle is not turned into the scrambling table when the final starts you will be withdrawn.
- We reserve the right to make any changes to the schedule, events, cutoffs/time limits, amount of those proceeding to next rounds, etc. We will have to make these changes if we run behind (or ahead) or schedule.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from the parents. This would require either being present at the judging tutorial or to have someone teach you how to judge later in the day. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegates for this competition are Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, Jared Stinson, Katie Hull, and Nancy Hartman. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
We will be offering Southeast Regional Titles to competitors who are from these states in the Southeast Region:
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, and United States Virgin Islands
In order to be eligible to win a title, you need to log in to the CubingUSA website with your WCA account and select your home state before the competition. You may be asked to verify your residency at the competition. The deadline to select residency for this competition is April 25th.
The shirt order has been closed! Pick up your shirt during competitor check-in.
We have a Custom Ink order open to purchase shirts and hoodies. All orders must be processed through Custom Ink, and you must pay online. No extras will be ordered, so if you want a shirt you must pre-order.
Shirts will be distributed during Competitor Check-In on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Here is the link to the order
Staff- we are unable to purchase shirts for staff due to a low number of competitors. So if you want a shirt, you must order one yourself.
If you would like to staff the competition, please complete this application. You will also have to complete a regulations test. Please complete both parts to be considered for staff.
Staff for this competition selected staff may receive a reduced registration fee of $32.50 (half price). However, when registering please pay the full amount. You may be refunded the discount later.
Staff will be offered lunch on both days and a staff competition t-shirt. Reduced lodging may be available if there are enough competitors registered.
A limited number of staff spots are available.
Staff will be selected by the beginning of April.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list to be notified about future North Carolina competitions, please fill out this form.
Anyone can join the mailing list, we encourage parents/guardians to join as well. This mailing list is run by local Delegates and therefore is not official.
TheCubicle will be the sponsor of this competition. They will provide gift cards to the podium winners!
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.