SnoCo Goes Back to Square-1 2021
- Nov 20, 2021
- Everett, Washington, United States
Valley View Bible Church and Christian School
- 9717 31st Ave. SE Everett, WA 98208
In the large gym next to the lower section of the parking lot.
- Organization team
- Peter Preston
- WCA Delegates
- Caleb Hoover and Matthew Dickman
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Vaccinations are not required but are greatly encouraged.
Masks are required to be worn according to Washington State mandates
Note: As the pandemic is an ever-evolving situation, there is of course the possibility that we will need to increase safety precautions or, in the worst case, cancel the competition. Please be aware that changes may be needed. Email will be sent out to registered competitors about significant changes. In the eventof cancellation we will do our best to provide full refunds to everyone.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 60 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $15 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Guests are limited to one per competitor. Minors are asked to bring just one.
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND WILL FOLLOW ALL OF THE HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES LISTED IN THE HEALTH & SAFETY TAB AND ACCEPT IF ANY OF THE MEASURES NEED TO BE NUANCED CLOSER TO THE DATE OF COMPETITION.
Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received. Once the competitor limit has been reached, a waitlist opens. This waitlist will be maintained for those who secure waitlist registration by making payment in the event a competitor vacancy opens up.
Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Max Siauw||6.23||6.92||United States||8.00||6.40||6.23||7.45||6.91|
|2x2x2 Cube||Sameer Aggarwal||1.41||2.13||United States||1.41||2.36||2.25||5.62||1.78|
|4x4x4 Cube||Max Siauw||25.94||29.31||United States||27.04||32.80||25.94||30.28||30.60|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Sameer Aggarwal||9.83||13.24||United States||12.87||16.82||12.82||9.83||14.02|
|Pyraminx||Marcus Kamen||2.24||2.34||United States||2.33||2.24||2.26||2.44||2.73|
|Square-1||Sameer Aggarwal||6.63||6.92||United States||6.94||6.86||6.95||6.63||8.17|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 30 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:20.00|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Valley View Bible Church and Christian School.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Los_Angeles.
Schedule for Saturday (November 20, 2021)
Due to ongoing circumstances, the organizing team is enforcing restrictions during the competition which will impact the running of the competition. Here are the most important changes.
1. Masks are to be required at all times, and must cover your nose and mouth. If you refuse to wear a mask inside of the venue, you will be disqualified from the competition and be asked to leave the premises. There will be NO exceptions to this policy, as this is a mandate brought by the Health Officer of the County of Snohomish. This rule is put in place regardless of whether or not you are fully vaccinated.
2. Competitors should not attend the competition if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if they were exposed to someone with COVID-19. If this occurs to you, the organizers will offer the competitor a full refund.
3. The organizing team strongly recommends to recieve a COVID-19 vaccination before competing. This is not a requirement, but is encouraged for those who are eligible.
4. Competitors will only be allowed to bring ONE guest to the competition. The first three rules apply to the guest as well as the competitor.
5. We encourage competitors to bring their own pen to the competition.
6. When not competing, competitors and spectators should attempt to socially distance whenever possibly by keeping 3 feet away from others. We also encourage you not to share puzzles with other competitors.
7. The competition will be using a fixed seating system, rather than a standard waiting area. This means when you compete, you will complete all of your attempts in one sitting with the same judge. Instead of being called to a different station for each attempt, you will submit your puzzle at the drop-off table and go to your assigned station and remaini there for all of your solves of that event.
8. After every attempt, rather than the judge putting the puzzle in the cover, the competitor is asked to put the puzzle into the cover at the end of the attempt. The judge will only put in the scorecard.
9. After you finish competing, your judge will disinfect the station with a disinfection wipe.
10. Officials and staff will be following special procedures to continue to lower chance of transmission of COVID-19, such as utilizing sanitizer frequently and distancing.
Additional rules may be added as deemed necessary by the organizers, the WCA Board, or the Washington government.
Risk Mitigation Plan
You may find our full mitigation procedures using our Risk Management Plan
By registering for this competition you agree that you understand and will follow all the information listed above.
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING.
Before the competition starts, you will receive a nametag with personalized information detailing your events, your competing groups, and helping groups. We will be relying on competitors to help by judging whenever they are not competing, especially with our small competition size. If you are competing in an event, you will be expected to help judge during another group of that event. Judging is very easy, and is a great way to make time fly! If you do not arrive to help during your scheduled event, and there are not enough staff members, we reserve the right to disqualify you from competing as per Regulation 1e2.
We will provide a judging and competitor tutorial at the beginning of the day, right before the start of 2x2, which will also overview our new procedures. This will allow anyone with questions about how to judge to be properly prepared when they are expected to help.
We will need help judging for the second/final rounds of events as we can not assign staff for those in advance. Spectators are encouraged to learn how to judge; you do not need to know how to cube in order to be a judge. Having enough judges ensures that we stay on schedule and are able to leave on time.
FOR FIRST-TIME COMPETITORS:
There are multiple things a first-timer must know before competing. All newcomers must be familiar with the WCA Regulations before competing. There is a video HERE for the basic overview of the rules, however some minor changes have been made due to Covid-19, so please do read through the regulations anad reach out if you have any questions.
In addition, please read this document before coming to the competition to learn about the procedures for judging and competing:
Q: Do I use my own cubes to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete and to be similarly responsible for its whereabouts at the competition venue.
Q: What is the competition like?
A; Competitions like this one have a bunch of tables where cubers like us get to sit, discuss and practice our favorite thing: cubes! The actual competing with timers, mats and displays is on one side of the venue. The competing is split up into groups, so as to better organize who competes when.
Q: How do I find results?
A: Data recorders will compile and present all results at WCA Live. We will add a link here in the days leading up to the competition, and also include it in the pre-competition email.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All competitors compete in the same group.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: ABSOLUTELY YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
For any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the organizers/delegates on the General Info tab!
There are a number of hotels within 10 minutes driving distance. These include, but aren't limited to:
- Econo Lodge - 9602 19th Ave SE, Everett, WA, 98208, United States, 866-925-7881 - 0.8 miles from the venue
- Days Inn by Wyndham Everett - 1602 Se Everett Mall Way, Everett, WA, 98208, United States, 866-925-9754 - 1.1 miles from the venue
- Extended Stay America - 8410 Broadway, Everett, WA, 98208, United States, 866-538-0154 - 1.2 miles from the venue
VENUE & PARKING
The competition will be held in the large white metal gym next to the lower parking lot.
If all the parking spots are full, feel free to park on the grass.
This competition will be sponsored by TheCubicle! They will be providing gift-card prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in every event. They will not be selling puzzles onsite. To be redirected to their site, either click HERE or the logo below!
Face-Turning Octahedron (FTO) will be held with the help of Extra Events.
We will have one round of FTO during lunch, as seen on the schedule. Only those who register for the competition normally may register for the event.
Regulations for extra events at the EE website can be found here.
There is no additional registration cost for competing in FTO, but you must have an approved registration on the WCA website before registering. Registration for the event will close on November 13, 2021, 5:00 PM PST.
Additional information for this event:
Format: Average of 5
Time Limit: 4:00.00
Cutoff: Best of 2 < 1:30.00
Competitor Limit: 12
You can purchase a Face-Turning Octahedron here.
Here is a great tutorial on how to solve a Face-Turning Octahedron by benpuzzles on Youtube.
If you get off the waitlist, you will receive an email indicating that your registration was approved. If you are still on the waiting list on Tuesday, November 16th at 7:00 PM EST, you will receive a full refund of your registration fee.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.