Rubik's Cube Mumbai Open 2016
- Dec 23 - 24, 2016
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute
- Nathalal Parekh Road, Matunga East, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Rubik's Cube Mumbai Open 2016 website
- Manali Madhukar Gawari, Shubham Kale, and Vishal Shekokar
- WCA Delegate
- Shubham Kumar
All competitors must be aware of WCA regulations.
Visit competition's website for more details.
There won't be any "On the Spot" Registrations.
- Main event
|3x3x3 Cube||Rushil Dalal||7.95||9.47||India||9.96||10.40||9.39||7.95||9.06|
|2x2x2 Cube||Aryan Chhabra||1.67||3.06||India||3.42||4.27||3.19||2.56||1.67|
|4x4x4 Cube||Anish Rajesh||33.54||38.06||India||40.01||45.20||36.17||38.00||33.54|
|5x5x5 Cube||Shubham Kumar||1:04.48||1:09.37||India||1:14.63||1:04.48||1:13.06||1:07.99||1:07.05|
|6x6x6 Cube||Anish Rajesh||2:11.42||2:12.18||NR||India||2:11.42||2:11.45||2:13.68|
|7x7x7 Cube||Anish Rajesh||2:59.46||NR||3:01.36||NR||India||2:59.46||3:03.76||3:00.86|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Pankaj More||3:10.33||DNF||India||DNF||DNF||3:10.33|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Kunal Oak||13.58||15.65||India||17.57||16.76||15.22||13.58||14.96|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Adithyaa Anand||40.21||53.94||India||40.21||1:08.74||52.86|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 7:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|Clock||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 3:30.00|
1) This schedule is tentative and can be modified by organisers. Make sure to pay attention to announcements during the competition.
2) In events with Avg of 5 format, any of the first two solves should be below the cutoff time for the competitor to get all five solves otherwise the competitor gets only 2 solves. In case of Mean of 3 format the first solve should be below the cutoff time.
3) After the time limit is crossed, the attempt is stopped and is awarded “DNF” [Did Not Finish].
4) All competitors must reach the venue by 9:00 A.M. on Day 1 to attend the Introduction Session which is compulsory for all.
5) Default time limit is of 10:00 i.e. Ten minutes.
6) 3x3 Blindfolded participants must reach the venue on Day 2 before 8:30 A.M. otherwise they may not be allowed to do their solves.
There is a separate tab for Schedule. You can find the pdf version of the schedule here.
Each event will be held in heats. You can find them here.
Each heat is divided into two parts i.e. Heat xA and Heat xB. These corresponds to a particular stage and both of these heats will be taking place simultaneously. Make sure you are aware of your heats.
Please note that its in alphabetical order so it would be easy for you to note down your heats. Although a copy of the same will be on display in the venue. If you fail to show up when your heat for an event is called, you may not be allowed to solve later.
Each and every competitor should be aware of the WCA Regulations and should abide by them during the course of the competition. Regulations can be found here.
An introduction session will be held on Day 1 at 9:00 a.m. It is compulsory for each and every competitor to attend it. All competitors should be present at the venue during this time period.
There is a college canteen where food will be available and is at walking distance from the venue. There are also some food outlets outside the college. Make sure you go for your lunch as soon as possible and come back on time.
REACHING THE VENUE:
If you are coming via the:
Central line: Get off at Matunga. Walk towards the Kings cirle roundabout and take a right towards Khalsa college/UDCT. After crossing Khalsa, you will reach VJTI. Take the right turn after Khalsa to enter via VJTI's Chemistry department gate.
Western line: Alight at Dadar, get out of the station towards the eastern side and take a taxi. It should be just above minimum fare.
Harbour line: Get off at Kings Circle or Wadala. VJTI is within walking distance from both these stations..
Once you are inside the college you can ask anyone about the textile hall and come directly to the venue.
SCMU will be having a stall at the venue. If you wish to purchase puzzles, make sure that you come early. You can pay by cash, payTM and Net-banking.
All results will be simultaneously uploaded on Cubecomps website as the events proceed. You can check your results here.
- If you don’t reach the venue at the starting scheduled time of any event, then you won’t be allowed to participate in that event.
- There won't be any "On the Spot" Registrations.
- All competitors must have registered on WCA in order to compete. No exceptions will be allowed.
- Participants must behave in a disciplined manner in the venue. Not doing so, might lead to disqualification.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.