Razorback Fall 2018
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
In 48 hours, if you do NOT see your name on the competitors list (the tab on the left side of the screen thay says "Competitors") then please send an email to the contact on the General Info tab.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Eli Parker||7.23||10.35||United States||11.04||7.23||12.84||11.55||8.47|
|2x2x2 Cube||Jeremy Collins||2.05||3.06||United States||4.50||3.61||2.05||2.83||2.73|
|4x4x4 Cube||Zachary White||36.56||39.29||United States||40.75||36.56||41.74||38.00||39.13|
|7x7x7 Cube||Zachary White||2:40.22||2:42.93||United States||2:40.22||2:45.88||2:42.70|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Eli Parker||11.20||13.14||United States||12.12||13.78||14.94||13.52||11.20|
|Pyraminx||Titus Sutterfield||4.28||6.21||United States||6.30||5.34||6.98||7.96||4.28|
|Skewb||Titus Sutterfield||2.62||4.77||United States||6.24||4.67||5.64||2.62||4.01|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 25 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00|
|Skewb||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00|
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 7:45AM.
- Please bring some form of identification. This will be used to verify your name, birthday, and nationality. (something like a passport or school ID).
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area whenever your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call. On the Group Sheet, you may notice that you have a group as well as a Judging(J), Running(R), Scrambling(S), or Data(D) assignment. If this is the case, then the group you are competing in will have no letter next to it. The Group that you are working will have the letter next to it (i.e. 2J would mean you are judging in Group 2). Please either judge or find someone to take your judging place when you are scheduled to judge. If all the judging stations are full, then don't worry, come help out a little later. You may see that you may have a job in an event that you are not competing in. Please try to help out as much as possible, especially during these times!
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) for all final rounds. If you are not present when a final starts, you will be withdrawn from that final.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from the parents. This would require either being present at the judging tutorial or to have someone teach you how to judge later in the day. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegate for this competition is Zachary White. Ask him if you have any questions throughout the day!
White River Room (1st floor, to the right of the lobby)
Hotel parking lot/Fayetteville municipal parking deck, (adjacent to the hotel). $4.00/day
The Chancellor Hotel:
Rooms will be offered at a discounted $99 instead of the hotel’s normal rate, $159. To receive this discount, you must either:
1.) Reserve a room using the link http://bookings.ihotelier.com/bookings.jsp?groupID=2291678&hotelID=96837
2.) Reserve by calling 479-442-5555. If you call, be sure to mention that you are there for the Rubik’s Cube Competition in order to receive the discounted rate.
The discount is only guaranteed if you reserve before August 20th, but will still apply as long as the hotel has free rooms.
All Information on this tab regarding Cutoffs, Time Limits, Proceeding Competitors, and Number of Rounds are approximations and will be updated 1 week before the competition.
|Event||Format||Round||Cutoff Time||Time Limit||Competitors|
|3x3x3 Cube||Ao5||Round 1||-||10:00||-|
|Ao5||Round 2||-||10:00||Top 25|
|2x2x2 Cube||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined Round 1||0:30||1:00||-|
|4x4x4 Cube||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined Round 1||1:30||3:00||-|
|7x7x7 Cube||Bo1 / Mo3||Combined Final||6:00||10:00||-|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined Round 1||1:00||2:00||-|
|Pyraminx||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined Final||0:30||1:00||-|
|Skewb||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined Final||0:30||1:00||-|
Format- Ao5 = Average of 5 (where the best and worst solves are not counted in the average), Mo3 = Mean of 3, Bo3 = Best of 3, Bo2 = Best of 2, Bo1 = Best of 1
Cutoff- Rounds with a cutoff will have an additional best of 2 (best of 1 for 6x6 and 7x7) format where competitors will have 2 attempts to achieve a time under the cutoff. If the comeptitor does then they will be awarded more attempts to compelete the average.
Time Limit - Any attempt in the round exceeding this time will be awarded a DNF. For "WCA" Time limits, it is dependent on the regulations for that event.
The Number of Competitors moving on to the subsequent rounds may change based on if the competition is ahead or behind schedule.
|7:45 - 8:00||New Competitor Tutorial|
|8:00 - 8:45||Skewb Combined Final|
|8:45 - 9:30||Pyraminx Combined Final|
|9:30 - 10:30||3x3 Round 1|
|10:30 - 11:30||One-Handed Combined Round 1|
|11:30 - 12:00||Lunch|
|12:00 - 1:00||2x2 Combined Round 1|
|1:00 - 2:00||4x4 Combined Round 1|
|2:00 - 3:00||7x7 Combined Final|
|3:00 - 3:30||3x3 Round 2|
|3:30 - 4:00||One-Handed Final|
|4:00 - 4:30||2x2 Final|
|4:30 - 5:00||4x4 Final|
|5:00 - 5:30||3x3 Final|
|5:30 - 6:00||Awards/Clean up|
We will revise the Schedule 1 week prior to the competition to reflect the number of people competing.
All times are tentative and subject to change if we are ahead or behind schedule.
We may add rounds of events if we run far ahead of schedule.
TheCubicle.us will be sponsoring this competition!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.