Marikina City Open 2018
- Mar 18, 2018
- Marikina City, Philippines
Cinco Hermanos Clubhouse
- 17 Aquarius, Cinco Hermanos Subdivision, Industrial Valley Complex, Marikina City, Philippines
- Organization team
- Lean Quimbo, Lorenzo Bonoan, and Lorenzo Layug
- WCA Delegate
- John Edison Ubaldo (ᜇ᜔ᜌᜓ︀ᜈ᜔ ᜁᜇᜒᜐᜓ︀ᜈ᜔ ᜂᜊᜎ᜔ᜇᜓ︀)
All registrants are required to read the COMPETITOR INFORMATION tab. Payment is needed to complete your registration and secure your slots for the competition. Check out the Payment Details tab for the process of payment.
Registration fee is 300php good for 2 events (any event of your choice). 50php shall be added per extra event registered. Payment is needed before registrations via the WCA website is approved. Only the first 90 paid registrations will be accepted and allowed to compete on event day.
- Main event
|3x3x3 Cube||Moses San Pascual||7.83||8.70||Philippines||9.28||8.44||8.37||7.83||17.19|
|2x2x2 Cube||Brenton Angelo Lo Wong||1.39||2.57||Philippines||1.39||3.36||2.42||1.93||3.88|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Christian Lacquio||34.43||DNF||Philippines||34.43||DNF||DNF|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 40 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Event||Number of Rounds||Qualifiers to 2nd Round||Qualifiers to Finals|
|3x3x3 Cube||3||Top 30||Top 12|
|2x2x2 Cube||2||Top 12|
|7:30 - 8:00 AM||Registration|
|8:00 - 8:30 AM||Competitor Orientation|
|8:30 - 10:00 AM||3x3x3 Cube||1st Round||Average of 5||10 minutes||Top 40 qualifies for the 2nd Round|
|10:00 - 11:15 AM||2x2x2 Cube||1st Round||Average of 5||10 minutes||Top 12 qualifies for the Final|
|11:15 - 12:00 PM||3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Best of 3||10 minutes|
|12:00 - 1:00 PM||LUNCH|
|1:00 - 2:00 PM||Skewb||1st Round||Average of 5||10 minutes|
|2:00 - 2:45 PM||3x3x3 Cube||2nd Round||Average of 5||10 minutes|
|2:45 - 3:30 PM||Square-1||Final||Average of 5||10 minutes|
|3:30 - 3:45 PM||2x2x2||Final||Average of 5||10 minutes|
|3:45 - 4:00 PM||Skewb||Final||Average of 5||10 minutes|
|4:00 - 5:00 PM||3x3x3 Cube||Head-to-Head Final||Average of 5||10 minutes|
|5:00 - 5:30 PM||Awarding of Winners|
Please see regulation A1a for the concept Time Limit.
FIRST TIME COMPETITORS
All newcomers are required to read WCA First-time Competitor Guide document to familiarize yoruself of the popular WCA regulations used to govern WCA competitions. Additionally, please watch this competitor tutorial by WCA Senior Delegate Kit Clement of the USA.
When you arrive at the competition venue, kindly follow the following steps:
1. Head to the registration table and sign on the competitor masterlist.
2. Get your Competitor Envelope which contains your Certificate of Participation, competitor ID, lanyard, event schedule and grouping/officiating Team Assignment. You will be assigned to officiate at some point during the competition so be sure to take note of your assignement to avoid being disqualified. As per WCA Regulation 1e2, all competitors must be ready to officiate when called or assigned to. Declining such assginment merits disqualification at the discretion of the WCA Delegate.
3. Go inside the venue hall and wait for the competition to start.
Payment Details are emailed to the WCA account used to register on this website within 48hrs after pre-registration is complete. Be sure that you are using a valid email to be able to receive the payment details. Registration payment is non-refundable.
For the latest updates and announcements regarding the event, please visit the official facebook page of the Philippine Cubers Association.
You can also join the official facebook community group of PCA by clicking here.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.