Indian Open 2018
- Mar 17 - 18, 2018
- Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
- IIT Kanpur, NH 91, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208016
Hall of Fame, Outreach (main events venue) and TB201, Lecture Hall Complex (side events venue)
- Organization team
- Aabhas Mathur, Himanshu Dwivedi, IORC IIT Kanpur, Parth Shyara, Rishabh Tamhane, and Ujjawal Pabreja
- WCA Delegates
- Akash Rupela and Ujjawal Pabreja
Online registration opens on 21st February, 2018 (00:00 IST) and ends on 10th March, 2018 (23:59 IST). Visit registration procedure tab for details.
There will be NO On The Spot registration.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
The base registration fee for this competition is ₹1,000 (Indian Rupee).
Online Registration is available from 21st February 2018, 00:00 IST to 10th March 2018, 23:59 IST. Competitors must pay the registration fee online and register on the WCA website to confirm their registration. The payment link will be updated by 21st February, 2018. No on the spot registration is available. There is no refund policy.
The registration fee is INR 1000 without accommodation at the venue and INR 1800 with accommodation. An additional INR 200 security deposit will be collected and returned after the fest. The registration will be free for IITK students.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Ujjawal Pabreja||6.53||9.36||India||10.00||14.80||9.93||6.53||8.15|
|2x2x2 Cube||Priyanshu Kumar||2.45||3.41||India||2.45||4.17||3.24||2.83||4.38|
|4x4x4 Cube||Shivam Bansal||34.49||37.67||India||38.03||40.68||34.49||38.26||36.71|
|5x5x5 Cube||Ujjawal Pabreja||1:12.39||1:16.56||India||1:17.52||1:17.97||1:14.20||1:27.74||1:12.39|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Shivam Bansal||31.37||DNF||India||DNF||31.37||DNF|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Ujjawal Pabreja||32||32.00||India||32||32||32|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Ujjawal Pabreja||13.16||17.02||India||13.16||18.57||13.45||19.83||19.04|
|Megaminx||Hargun Singh Tikku||1:01.17||1:04.15||India||1:03.30||1:01.17||1:02.65||1:11.14||1:06.49|
|Skewb||Hargun Singh Tikku||3.79||4.79||India||5.36||3.79||5.76||4.69||4.33|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Shivam Bansal||42/46 59:53||India||DNS||42/46 59:53|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 4:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00||Top 6 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 4:30.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo2||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
Note - Online registrations are closed now.
The tentative schedule can be found here (LINK).
Competitors can do upto 2 events of their choice from day 1 (except FMC and MBLD) on day 2 during 3rd attempt of FMC.
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur(IITK) is located in the Kalyanpur district of Kanpur city, Uttar Pradesh.
Kanpur Central is the nearest railway station (14 km from the venue)
From Kanpur Central Railway Station to IIT Kanpur Campus:
- Prepaid Taxis and autos are easily available. It is preferred to exit through PF no. 9 of the Railway Station as the auto stand is adjacent to it.
- Rates: Rs. 350 for a taxi(for convenience it’s better to book ola cab) and Rs. 250 for an auto.
- Scheduled buses are regularly operated by IITK bus service, which is available outside Platform no.1 and the timing of IITK buses is as follows: Bus Schedule
from Kanpur Interstate Bus Stand(Jhakarkati) to IITK Campus can be found here
- You can board a bus from here that drops you off just at the main gate of IIT Kanpur, from there It’s 1km drive until you reach the centre of the campus
- You can also avail autos from here and the rates are Rs. 200 (approximately)
- Shared autos can also be availed at a cheaper cost which may include break journey so please confirm the dropping point(IIT Kanpur gate) beforehand.
Fazalganj Bus Stand is the nearest bus stand (10 km from the venue)
Lucknow Airport(Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport) is the nearest airport (80 km from the venue)
- Hotel Narula - 9 km from the venue
- Hotel Satyam - 2 km from the venue
- Hotel Celebration - 9 km from the venue
Note - Techkriti will be providing accommodation as well, payment link for the same would be up when registrations open.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is this competition Indian National Championship 2018?
A. No. This is not the national championship. It will be named as Indian Nationals 2018 when it's announced.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.