IIT Kanpur Open 2019
- Mar 9 - 10, 2019
- Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Hall of Fame, Outreach (main events venue)
- IIT Kanpur, Nankari, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208016, India
- Organization team
- Debartha Chakraborty, Harish Dechiraju, Pranshu Nigam, Rishabh Tamhane, and Rishav Goyal
- WCA Delegate
- Daniel James
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
- Make sure you will be available at the venue at least 15 minutes before your event starts. You won't be allowed to participate in an event if you reach late.
- Make sure you go through all the WCA regulations.
- Please bring your ID card as well.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 80 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is ₹450 (Indian Rupee).
Registration fees won't be refunded under any circumstance.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
The registration fees are:
1) For 1-3 events, Rs. 450
2) For 4-7 events, Rs. 600
3) For 8-12 events, Rs. 750
4)With accommodation and festival passes, for all the events, Rs. 1800+200(security deposit)
Steps to complete registration
Step 1 - Register here by selecting the events you want to participate in.
Step 2 - Pay the registration fee here.
Registration is free for IIT Kanpur students, but they have to register here. They still have to also register here!
Step 3 - Wait for 1-2 days for the updation of your name in the competitor's list.
1. If you fail to do online payment before registration closes, you won't be able to participate even if you had registered in WCA.
2. You can't change the events once the registration closes.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Paarth Chhabra||9.33||10.18||India||10.95||9.54||11.36||10.04||9.33|
|2x2x2 Cube||Paarth Chhabra||2.17||3.28||India||3.63||4.57||3.44||2.77||2.17|
|4x4x4 Cube||Debartha Chakraborty||41.54||45.64||India||47.21||44.28||41.54||52.41||45.43|
|5x5x5 Cube||Debartha Chakraborty||1:24.24||1:30.89||India||1:24.24||1:33.83||1:33.84||1:26.02||1:32.81|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Saiyam Jain||1:00.13||DNF||India||1:00.13||DNF||1:12.97|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Debartha Chakraborty||27||31.00||India||27||29||37|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Paarth Chhabra||14.88||18.61||India||17.04||18.40||20.39||21.16||14.88|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Daniel James||5/5 30:48||India||4/5 42:06||5/5 30:48|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 6 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||8:00.00||2 attempts to get < 4:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||25:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||9:00.00||2 attempts to get < 4:30.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo2||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Hall of Fame, Outreach (main events venue).
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Asia/Kolkata.
Schedule for Saturday (March 09, 2019)
Schedule for Sunday (March 10, 2019)
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of ANY age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
We have a video made specifically for new cubers, just to show them the basics of competing. This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know.
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the 'Registration & Payment' tab and it will guide you to the registration.
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. This means you should bring your own cube.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube!
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page within a week after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to Cubecomps.com to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about upcoming rounds of events. Remember, the results are entered by a human so please be patient if you do not see your results immediately.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All competitors compete together.
Q: I want to attend, or I have friends/family who want to attend, but not compete. Do they need to pay as well?
A: No. All spectators are free to view the competition at no cost. There is payment only to compete. But in some cases, venue will be having restriction to allow spectators depending on the competition.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
If you have any further queries, please do mail the organizers & delegates.
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur(IITK) is located in the Kalyanpur district of Kanpur city, Uttar Pradesh.
Kanpur Central is the nearest railway station (14 km from the venue)
From Kanpur Central Railway Station to IIT Kanpur Campus:
- Prepaid Taxis and autos are easily available. It is preferred to exit through PF no. 9 of the Railway Station as the auto stand is adjacent to it.
- Rates: Rs. 350 for a taxi(for convenience it’s better to book ola cab) and Rs. 250 for an auto.
- Scheduled buses are regularly operated by IITK bus service, which is available outside Platform no.1 and the timing of IITK buses is as follows: Bus Schedule
from Kanpur Interstate Bus Stand(Jhakarkati) to IITK Campus can be found here
- You can board a bus from here that drops you off just at the main gate of IIT Kanpur, from there It’s 1km drive until you reach the centre of the campus
- You can also avail autos from here and the rates are Rs. 200 (approximately)
- Shared autos can also be availed at a cheaper cost which may include break journey so please confirm the dropping point(IIT Kanpur gate) beforehand.
Fazalganj Bus Stand is the nearest bus stand (10 km from the venue)
Note - Techkriti will be providing accommodation as well, payment link for the same would be up when registrations open.
For podiums, the following prizes will be awarded:
- Cash prize by Techkriti, IIT Kanpur
- Certificate of Participation from Techkriti, IIT Kanpur
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.