Frisco Liberty Cubing 2020
- Feb 1, 2020
- Frisco, Texas, United States
- 7550 Gaylord Parkway Frisco, TX 75034, US
- Ayush Narayan, Azhar Virani, and Vincent Chen
- WCA Delegate
- Jae Park
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Please note that this schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
This competition is recognized as an official World Cube Association competition. Therefore, all competitors should be familiar with the WCA regulations. If you are new to competing, you may want to look at CubingUSA's Competitor Tutorial.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 75 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators can attend for free.
Competitors may request (by email ) to be added to more events BEFORE registration closes.
Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
Competitors may request (by email ) to remove events from their registration. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in. If there is a chance you will want to do an event, you should register for it!
If registration fills up, we will place competitors on a waitlist. In order to get on the waitlist, you must register and pay. You are not on the waitlist until you pay the registration fee. If you do not make it off of the waitlist, you will be fully refunded. If a competitor drops out, the first person on the waitlist will replace them. People can be replaced up until January 24th, 2020, 7:00 PM CST. No competitors will be added on the day of the competition.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Mahith Bandi||7.39||7.80||United States||8.48||7.44||7.80||8.16||7.39|
|2x2x2 Cube||Mahith Bandi||2.27||2.88||United States||2.95||2.82||2.27||2.88||3.42|
|4x4x4 Cube||Azhar Virani||31.95||32.57||United States||33.09||32.63||32.00||35.83||31.95|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Fletcher Berry||30.04||DNF||United States||DNF||41.09||30.04|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Christopher Connolly||14.54||16.40||Canada||16.08||20.39||14.54||18.56||14.55|
|Skewb||Vincent Chen||4.45||5.24||United States||4.52||8.32||5.85||5.36||4.45|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 50% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00||Top 6 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Hilton Garden Inn Frisco.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Schedule for Saturday (February 01, 2020)
This competition has a competitor limit of 75 people, with a $20 registration fee payed via Stripe.
If the competitor limit is filled, you may still register and pay the registration fee if you wish, but you will be placed on a waitlist. Your registration will not be accepted unless a spot opens up.
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 8:00AM.
- Please bring some form of identification. This will be used to verify your name, birthday, and nationality. (something like a passport or school ID).
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- We have a video made specifically for new cubers, just to show them the basics of competing. This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPL3eV-A0ww&t=2s If you prefer reading, there is a WCA tutorial in a pdf format here.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into WCA live.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area whenever your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call. On the Group Sheet, you may notice that you have a group as well as a Judging(J), Running(R), and Scrambling(S) assignment. If this is the case, then the group you are competing in will have no letter next to it. The Group that you are working will have the letter next to it (i.e. 2J would mean you are judging in Group 2). Please either judge or find someone to take your judging place when you are scheduled to judge. If all the judging stations are full, then don't worry, come help out a little later. You may see that you may have a job in an event that you are not competing in. Please try to help out as much as possible, especially during these times!
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) for all final rounds. If you are not present when a final starts, you will be withdrawn from that final.
- Please note that this schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from the parents. This would require either being present at the judging tutorial or to have someone teach you how to judge later in the day. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegate for this competition is Jae Park. Ask him if you have any questions throughout the day!
No outside food or drink is allowed in the venue.
A map of the venue can be found .
The main room for our competition is Ballroom, which is on the 1st floor.
Live results will be updated through WCA LIVE.
You can find group information from below:
Numbers under the column "group" indicate the group you'll be competiting in.
Numbers under "scramble" and "judge" indicate the group you'll be helping either as a scrambler or judge.
TheCubicle.us will be sponsoring this competition!
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.