Carolina Clock 'Stravaganza 2018
- Nov 17, 2018
- Monroe, North Carolina, United States
- 2505 Morgan Mill Rd, Monroe, North Carolina 28110
Family Life Center
- Carson Claud
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, and Katie Hull
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
The main event of the competition is Clock
Clock Finals will be head-to-head.
Registration includes a t-shirt and a landyard.
You must include your shirt size in the comments of you registration
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Registrations must be manually approved, therefore please allow up to 48 hours to see your name on the competitors list.
Please include the competitor's name on all email correspondence.
After the competitor limit has been reached, the registrants thereafter will be put on a waitlist.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $15 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
You must include your shirt size in comments of your registration
If you are on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration you will receive an email from the organizers. You must confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. If you remain on the waitlist and no spot opened up, you will be refunded after the competition.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Katie Hull||6.92||8.28||United States||7.47||9.07||8.30||6.92||9.90|
|4x4x4 Cube||Katie Hull||27.19||33.84||United States||27.19||30.95||35.09||37.73||35.48|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Raymond Goslow||1:09.58||1:18.77||United States||1:29.95||1:09.58||1:16.79|
|Clock||Carson Claud||6.17||6.48||United States||6.54||6.35||6.54||6.79||6.17|
|Pyraminx||Kerry Creech||2.96||3.89||United States||3.61||4.60||4.34||2.96||3.72|
|Square-1||Katie Hull||9.60||13.56||United States||14.25||13.51||12.93||16.39||9.60|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Raymond Goslow||6:45.25||DNF||United States||6:45.25||8:30.44||DNF|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Aedan Bryant||37:19.00||DNF||United States||37:19.00||DNS||DNS|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:20:00.00 total for 3x3x3 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||3:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||3:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 50.00|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:20:00.00 total for 3x3x3 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:45:00.00 cumulative *|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Lee Park Baptist Church.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Adak.
Schedule for Saturday (November 17, 2018)
- Shortly following the new competitor introduction at 8:00, we will also hold a judging tutorial at this time. All competitors should attend this tutorial. If you are a parent and would like to be entertained for the duration of the day, judging would be a great option for you!
- Please try to arrive by 7:45am, but please not before 7:20am. When you check in you will receive a landyard, nametage, and t-shirt (you must include your t-shirt size in the comment of your registration.
- We will use regulation 9p3) for all final rounds. If you are not present when a final starts, you will be withdrawn from that final.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from the parents. This would require either being present at the judging tutorial or to have someone teach you how to judge later in the day. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegate for this competition is Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, and Katie Hull. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of any age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
Of course, those regulations contain a lot of legalese, so we have a video made specifically for new cubers, just to show them the basics of competing. This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know. It is highly suggested that parents watch this video as well.
If you have any questions after this video, we will be having a new competitor tutorial in the morning of the competition. That would be the perfect time to ask those questions and clear up any confusion.
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the registration tab, click register, and fill out the information it asks for. This will help you get set up the WCA's system and one step closer to your first official solve!
* Please bring some for of identification. This will be used to verify your name, birthday, and nationality. (something like a passport or school ID).
* Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
* In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
* Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call. Please come bring your solved puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area whenever your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call. You can click on a tab at the bottom to see groups on a specific day.
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube!
Q: What is the competition like?
A; Competitions are a bunch of tables where nerds like us get to sit and discuss our favorite thing, Cubes! Of course in addition there is competing, which will occupy one side of the competition hall, where you will see lots of timers flickering with contestants new personal bests. Most competitions have a break for lunch, and the competing is split up into groups, as to better organize who competes when. (Check the Groups tab and listen at the competition for more info on this.)
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page a couple of days after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to Cubecomps.com to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about 2nd and 3rd rounds of events.
Q: Why am I not on the competitors list yet?
A: Allow up to 48 hours for your name to appear on the competitors list. Make sure you pay you entrance fee in order to be automatically placed on the registered list, which will also guarantee you a spot in the competition. You must also pay to be put on the waitlist. If payment may be any issue, or you are not sure if you can attend, use the contact button to talk to us.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All cometitors compete in the same group.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
Room Details: Competition located in Family Life Center
Parking: Parking by Family Life Center, additional parking behind the building
Lunch: restaurants near venue
Hotels: Hotels near venue
Airport: Closest airport is Charlotte-Douglas International
You must include your shirt size in the comments of your registration
If you would like to be added to a mailing list to be notified about future North Carolina competitions, please fill out this form.
Anyone can join the mailing list, we encourage parents/guardians to join as well. This mailing list is run by local Delegates and therefore is not official.
This competition is sponsored by
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced across rounds (see Guideline A1a2++).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.