Bengaluru Winter Open 2018
- Dec 1 - 2, 2018
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
The Malleshwaram Association
- The Malleshwaram Association, #110, 7th cross, Margosa road, opp to Malleshwaram west, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560003
Kempegowda Hall, 3rd floor
- Organization team
- Sreenivasamurthy Katta Nandakumar and Sujana Katta Sreenivas
- WCA Delegate
- Somya Srivastava
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 150 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is ₹300 (Indian Rupee).
Registration fees won't be refunded under any circumstance.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Pay the registration fee here
Registration fee for online registrations:
Number of events Online registration fee 1 300 2 350 3 400 4 450 5 500 6 550 7 600 8 650 9 700 10 750
1. You can't change the events once the registration closes.
2. It is mandatory to pay the registration fees to complete the full registration process.
3. Wait for 48 hours to get your registration confirmed after payment has been done
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Pratham Waghmare||10.32||10.71||India||10.65||13.26||10.45||11.03||10.32|
|2x2x2 Cube||Naren Ramesh||2.23||2.95||India||3.08||2.79||3.12||2.23||2.99|
|4x4x4 Cube||Aniketh Arya||41.93||45.23||India||43.40||47.76||50.99||41.93||44.53|
|5x5x5 Cube||Aniketh Arya||1:14.20||1:25.95||India||1:26.85||1:14.20||1:23.85||1:30.74||1:27.14|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Aniketh Arya||1:09.02||DNF||India||1:09.02||1:55.01||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Sujai Shakthivel||15.77||17.54||India||15.77||20.26||16.96||18.00||17.67|
|Skewb||Lakshmi Sai Srivatsa||3.35||5.41||India||3.35||4.24||5.28||7.01||6.70|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||3:00.00||Top 28 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||3:00.00||Top 14 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||20:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|Clock||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 50.00|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||7:00.00||2 attempts to get < 4:00.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue The Malleshwaram Association.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Asia/Kolkata.
Schedule for Saturday (December 01, 2018)
Schedule for Sunday (December 02, 2018)
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of ANY age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
Of course, those regulations contain a lot of legalese, so we have a video made specifically for new cubers, just to show them the basics of competing. This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know:
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the 'Registration & Payment' tab and it will guide you to the registration.
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. This means you should bring your own cube.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 8 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube! In previous competitions participants who were just 5 years of age also solved the cubes.
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page within a week after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to Cubecomps.com to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about upcoming rounds of events. Remember, the results are entered by a human so please be patient if you do not see your results immediately.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All competitors compete together.
Q: I want to attend, or I have friends/family who want to attend, but not compete. Do they need to pay as well?
A: No. All spectators are free to view the competition at no cost. There is payment only to compete. But in some cases, venue will be having restriction to allow spectators depending on the competition.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
If you have any further queries, please do mail the organizers & the delegate.
Important Information for All Competitors
- Please help judge! We rely very heavily on regular competitors to make the competition run to schedule. It is not very difficult to do, and even parents can do it! If you'd like to learn the procedure then we will explain it during the introduction to competing, and if you still don't quite understand we can show you during the rounds as well. And you may judge whenever you want. However, if you are competing in an event then you are expected to help judge for that event. Obviously you need time to warm-up so we would really appreciate if you can help out the group immediately following the one you compete in. For example, if you are competing in group 2, please help to judge for group 3, etc. If there are only 2 groups, you would be expected to help for the other group.
- No flash photography under any circumstance within the venue. It is extremely distracting for competitors.
- If you are a spectator, please stay 1.5m away from competitors at all times as per Regulation 7b.
- Please treat the venue with respect, put all of your rubbish in bins, black bin bags, or take it home with you and keep your area tidy.
- There are thousands of puzzles at these events, make sure to keep yours together so you don't lose them! Keeping them in a bag and looking after it at all times is recommended.
- During blindfolded events, please stay silent within the venue. These events require a high amount of concentration and any noise can be distracting. We will announce when the silence will begin and when you may talk within the venue again.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.