Bay Area Speedcubin' 22 2019
- Dec 21, 2019
- Daly City, California, United States
Lincoln Park Community Center
- 901 Brunswick St, Daly City, CA 94014
- Christopher Yen and Lacey Dilworth
- WCA Delegates
- Michael Chai (柴天方) and Ryan Jew
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Bay Area Speedcubin' is headed to Daly City!
Competition Day Timing
* The competition will begin at the scheduled start time.
* Events will begin as soon as the previous event is wrapping up. Exception: All First Round events will not start more than 20 minutes early.
* Competitors may not compete in an event if they miss last call for that event. In general, last call is a few minutes after the last group is called.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 120 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators can attend for free.
- Competitors may request (by email) to be added to more events BEFORE registration closes.
- Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
- Competitors may request (by email) to remove events from their registration. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in, although it is not encouraged.
If Registration fills up, we will place competitors on a waitlist. In order to get on the waitlist, you must register and pay. You are not on the waitlist until you pay the registration fee. If you do not make it off of the waitlist, you will be fully refunded. If a competitor drops out, the first person on the waitlist will replace them. People can be replaced up until the registration close date indicated above.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Max Park||5.66||5.87||United States||5.66||5.87||5.80||5.93||7.70|
|2x2x2 Cube||Varun Mohanraj||1.39||1.84||United States||1.65||2.17||1.39||2.14||1.73|
|4x4x4 Cube||Max Park||22.39||23.05||United States||23.16||22.39||23.25||22.75||27.83|
|5x5x5 Cube||Max Park||39.09||44.36||United States||45.92||41.85||39.09||46.47||45.31|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Max Park||10.31||10.69||United States||10.81||10.89||11.32||10.36||10.31|
|Square-1||Calix Tang||6.72||7.34||United States||6.72||7.14||7.32||7.84||7.57|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 60 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:15.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:15.00|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Lincoln Park Community Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Los_Angeles.
Schedule for Saturday (December 21, 2019)
* The closest BART station to the venue is the Daly City station. Walking from the BART station will be 20-25 minutes.
* There are three buses (SamTrans) that arrive at the venue. If you do not own a clipper card, please have spare change of at least 2-3$ to be able to ride the bus.
1. Bus 120 (this bus comes from Daly City BART station, highly recommended) - Brunswick St & Templeton Ave
2. Bus 29 & 121 - Templeton Ave & Brunswick St
* Street parking is an option, but there are no guarantees.
* Daly City BART station has parking, so if you'd like to park there, there will be a small fee. Afterwards you can either take bus 120 directly to the venue or walk the distance.
* Daly City Public Parking (Bus 121 stops here as well) - 1851 Junipero Serra Blvd, Daly City, CA 94014
There are a number of restaurants along mission street. Since lunch is only 45 minutes, we recommend that you either order food to-go, delivered or bring your own lunch to ensure that you don't miss the beginning of 3x3 round 1.
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of ANY age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know, however you are still expected to understand the WCA regulations.
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the registration tab, click register, and fill out the information it asks for. This will help you get set up the WCA's system and one step closer to your first official solve!
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. This means you should bring your own cube, or arrange to borrow a cube from a friend.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube!
Q: What do I do when I walk in?
A: There is NO CHECK-IN. If you registered online, just have fun and hang out with other cubers. We will be calling people up, so just wait for your name/group to be announced.
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page within a week after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to WCA Live (live.worldcubeassociation.org) to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about 2nd and 3rd rounds of events. Remember, the results are entered by a human so please be patient if you do not see your results immediately.
Q: Why am I not on the registration list yet?
A: Make sure you pay you entrance fee in order to be placed on the registered list, which will also guarantee you a spot in the competition. If payment may be any issue, or you are not sure if you can attend, use the contact button to talk to us, and see if we can work out another payment strategy, or have you pay on arrival at the compeition. No matter what you situation may be however, please register online. ** For most competitions, you may only compete if you have registered online and paid before the deadline.**
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All competitors compete together.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
We are assigning groups for this competition. Groups are what we use to split up an event into smaller portions of competitors in a round and they will be called up to compete separately from other groups.
"We are now calling group 2 of 3x3 to compete. Please bring your cube to the drop-off station and head to the competitor waiting area. Group 2 for 3x3."
This information will be given to you via personal card (our BASC nametags), as well as right here in the link below. Use ctrl-F to find your name quickly in the PDF.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.