1st Salem Open 2022
- Jun 26, 2022
- Salem, Tamil Nadu, India
Mukundha International School
- DPC Campus, Chettiarkadai Bus Stop, Muthunaicken Patty, Pagalpatty [PO], Salem, Tamil Nadu, 636304
Activity Room, Mukundha International School
- Organization team
- Chennai Cubing Club, Mohamed Arif, Prabu Karthiek, and Vikram Gopinath
- WCA Delegate
- Sachin Arvind
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
- Kindly bring your ID card while entering the campus.
- Wearing masks all the time and sanitizing hands frequently is mandatory for both Participants and guests.
- If you're participating in a WCA competition for first time or unaware of competition rules, make sure that you attend the tutorial session.
- Participants must bring their own cubes.
- Slots left over from Online registrations will be filled through On the spot registrations. The slots will be filled according to First come First serve basis.
- For example: If 75 slots are filled through Online registrations, only 25 slots will be opened for On the spot registrations. So, we recommend the competitors to reserve their place in the competition through online payments.
- If all the 100 slots are filled through Online registrations, then there will not be any On the spot registrations.
- Kindly make your own arrangements for your food.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is ₹500 (Indian Rupee).
Registration fees won't be refunded under any circumstance.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Steps to complete Online registration
Step 1 - Register here by selecting the events you want to participate in.
Step 2 - Make the payment of INR 500 using any of the following payment methods.
Step 3 - Wait up to 48 hours for your registration to be confirmed. Once your registration is confirmed, you will get a confirmation mail and your name will appear in the list of registered competitors.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Vijay Kishore||6.97||7.60||India||7.57||7.86||10.22||6.97||7.38|
|2x2x2 Cube||Harish Raj Ponkumar||2.36||3.17||India||3.52||3.11||3.44||2.97||2.36|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Sujai Shakthivel||12.94||14.46||India||14.58||12.94||16.29||14.53||14.27|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 15.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue MUKUNDHA International School.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Asia/Kolkata.
Schedule for Sunday (June 26, 2022)
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of ANY age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know.
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the 'Registration & Payment' tab and it will guide you to the registration.
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. This means you should bring your own cube.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube!
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page within a week after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to Cubecomps.com to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about upcoming rounds of events. Remember, the results are entered by a human so please be patient if you do not see your results immediately.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All competitors compete together.
Q: I want to attend, or I have friends/family who want to attend, but not compete. Do they need to pay as well?
A: No. All spectators are free to view the competition at no cost. There is payment only to compete. But in some cases, venue will be having restriction to allow spectators depending on the competition.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
If you have any further queries, please do mail the organizers & delegates.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.